BCTG Avocats’ IT / Data team advises and assists its clients, on both the provider and client sides, in all their issues related to technology, telecoms and data protection, for advice as well as litigation matters.
Our dedicated team has a solid reputation, having advised French and international players in various sectors for many years. Its in-depth knowledge of the IT sector market, practices and environment, combined with its legal expertise, enable the team to provide its clients with high value-added advice and assistance. It has developed specific expertise in assisting clients in their new digital, IoT and data-driven service offerings and in the legal issues associated with the digitisation of business activities, in particular with regard to cloud computing:
- Support in the implementation and execution of IT, telecom and digital projects: digital platforms, e-commerce projects, e-marketing, e-payment, social networks, artificial intelligence, blockchain
- Assistance in securing and implementing programmes to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, particularly those relating to data protection and cybersecurity
- Drafting and negotiation of IT and telecom contracts and advice on sourcing strategies and risk management
- Assistance on cybersecurity issues and controls and/or sanctions by the French data protection authority
- Assistance in dealing with contractual difficulties and disputes, management of pre-litigation and litigation for IT and telecom projects
- IT and data impact analyses and pragmatic recommendations in the context of mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganisations
The team is known for its pragmatic, responsive and business-oriented approach. The team also works closely with other BCTG Avocats departments on cases dealing primarily with IT, telecoms and data, and in particular with the Employment Law department on all data protection issues involving human resources (area in which the team has developed a particular know-how) and the Corporate – Commercial department in the context of mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganisations.